Our RPL Kits are developed to make valid assessment decisions and are compliant with training standards. Each RPL kit consists of tasks/methods that assess prior learning skills of a student for a particular qualification.
These RPL Assessment Tools are written especially for each qualification, including carefully designed documentation and simple instructions for evidence submission. The kit is designed to cover all unit requirements with a range of appropriate assessment methods.
RPL Assessment Tool/ RPL Kits include:
- RPL Form for students to complete to meet regulatory compliance, organisational and NCVER requirements.
- Self assessment kit for students to self assess their skills and knowledge according to training package requirements, and to collect appropriate supporting documentation and evidence.
- The kit also includes instructions for evidence-gathering tasks (where applicable). As the candidate works through each unit they will need to think about the types of evidence they can provide.
- Competency conversation kit for assessor to discuss a range of questions with the students to gain understanding of students’ knowledge and skills related to unit/qualification.
- Demonstrations and observations kit with practical tasks, for the assessor. This document includes different practical tasks relevant to the unit. Assessor will provide relevant tasks to students to perform and the assessor will observe and record the performance.
- The Third Party Kit, which is to be completed by an independent third party (at the assessor’s discretion if they deem it necessary) who is familiar with the student’s abilities in the workplace and who currently is (or has previously worked) in a supervisory position with the candidate. The third party person is asked to provide feedback on the student’s skills and workplace performance.
- An Assessor’s kit including detailed instructions, procedures, and recording tools to be used during the process.
- Questions, activities, and tasks are mapped to the requirements of each unit of competency.