VET Resources Assessment Kits are quality assured RTO resources with detailed guidelines and benchmarking answers with additional assessment materials that are sure to assist trainers in delivering learning to your students.
These assessment tools will provide you with all the instructions and information required to begin assessing your students.
Developed by subject matter experts and validated by experienced industry & compliance experts to ensure top quality, the assessment kit also meets all training package guidelines such as principles of assessment and rules of evidence that will take learning to the next level for your students.
Our RTO assessment resources can be adapted as necessary to cater to classroom delivery, online delivery, blended delivery, and delivery in the workplace. These are fully adaptable & can be customised to meet all your assessment requirements.
To make the assessment more user-friendly for the student, trainer, and assessor, we include a student assessment pack and a trainer assessment pack along with mapping information. Work placement assessment is also included for qualifications wherever applicable.
Student Assessment Pack:
- Comprehensive instructions outlining the requirements for each assessment task.
- Information about the resources required to complete the assessment tasks.
- An assessment plan that includes the outcome for the unit of competency.
- Detailed stepwise plan to complete each assessment task.
- A Unit Assessment Result Sheet for each task which provides decision making guidance to the assessor.
- Detailed information about the practical assessment which makes it easier for the student to understand and complete the practical task.
- Practical assessments are drafted according to the real-world environment to help students get an understanding of and ability to effectively deal with real-world situations, challenges, and expectations.
Trainer Assessment Pack/Marking Guide:
- Instructions for the trainer and assessor that include the evidence required to complete the assessment
- Instructions on how and where to access the additional material required to complete the particular or specific assessment task
- Assessment tasks to check student knowledge and skills
- Detailed benchmarking answers for knowledge questions and practical assessment tasks to help the trainer and assessor mark the student’s submissions
- Detailed instructions for the students and trainer on how to complete different tasks
- Unit assessment questions based on knowledge evidence and performance criteria to ensure that the students have appropriate knowledge about the particular unit to be competent
- Practical assessments drafted according to the real-world environment to help students get an understanding of and ability to effectively deal with real-world situations, challenges, and expectations.
- Detailed observation checklist is provided for practical assessment tasks which help trainer and assessor to observe the student behaviour in practical assessment and make a judgement.
Work Placement Assessment (Only applicable to certain training packages)
Many qualifications require the student to complete work placement. The following documents will be provided with the assessment kits:
- Workplace task booklet including logbook hours – This document includes a list of tasks that a student needs to complete for allocated units. It also includes the logbook hours to record the student’s work hours for placement.
- Workplace observation booklet – This document can be used by a trainer/assessor to observe student performance in the workplace.
- Mapping evidence that all assessment criteria meet the training package requirements, including the elements, performance criteria, knowledge evidence, performance evidence, assessment conditions, and foundation skills.
- Detailed mapping of the questions and practical assessments with the relevant criteria to help trainer/RTOs justify that they are meeting all the requirements
Unit Information Pack:
- Detailed information about the resources required for completing the assessment by the student
- Guidelines for submission and resubmission of the assessment
- AQF level information and details for the assessment
- Student academic integrity, plagiarism, and collusion disclaimer
- Instructions and feedback guidelines for trainers
Supporting Documents – Additional templates that may include templates, policies, and procedures.
<<Only for specific courses>>
Simulated website – Our simulated website will add value to your RTO if you have classroom, online, or blended learning.
These simulated websites ensure consistent assessments and learning with real workplace scenarios, policies, and procedures. They help the students demonstrate their skills and knowledge in a simulated environment that reflects real workplace conditions, and reduce the cost and time involved in providing the training in an actual workplace.
Simulated training provides students with a better idea of how they should work and function in a real work environment, enabling them to have a better learning experience overall.
The simulated website can be accessed through a unique web link provided in the assessment resources which students log in to, to access all relevant information and documents.
Our resources are designed with various methods that VET trainers, assessors, and teachers use to conduct in-process evaluations of student comprehension, learning needs, and academic progress during a session/unit. Formative assessments help VET trainers, assessors, and teachers identify concepts or skills that students struggle to understand or have difficulty acquiring. Our resources are developed keeping in mind all these requirements your RTO might have.
The resource development process is as below –
If you require the context of these assessments altered, contact our staff on 1800 959 958 or email email@example.com to discuss your needs.
Our compliant and quality assured resources will be delivered to you in soft copy format. Each of the .zip files contains multiple editable Microsoft Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, etc.) files that you are free to rebrand and reproduce within your registered training organization (RTO). RTOs can purchase a license for their RTO only and are not permitted to share the documents with any other entity. Purchasers are asked to agree to a license agreement to this effect before purchase. For more information, please refer to our Quality Assurance page.