The RTO Training Resources, assessment and learner resources are the most important documents for any RTO. The wrong decision in purchasing RTO Training resources can lead to compliance issues or you may need to invest a lot of time and money to fix the assessment and learner resources.
Many of the RTO Training resources that closed down have a significant impact on their operation/registration have one thing in common, their assessment and learner resources are not meeting the Standard requirements.
According to the ASQA report in 2017, there are more than 75% of RTO Training resources’s were non-compliant with standard one (1) of SRTOS 2015. Standard 1 mainly includes the amount of training, assessment practices including assessment and learner resources, trainers and assessors.
Tips to Select Quality Assessment and RTO Training Resources
Tip 1 – Request a sample/demo related to the qualification or unit
Ask for a specific unit or RTO Training resources of your qualifications sample that you would like to review and purchase.
Tip 2 – Ask questions related to your delivery mode, simulation environment (If applicable)
Before purchasing any resources, you should ask the following questions related to your training and assessment strategy:
- Are RTO Training resources for the classroom, online or workplace delivery?
- Tasks are designed for a simulated environment or a real workplace?
- What structure you have for practical placement?
Tip 3 – Validate the assessment and learner resources
To avoid any compliance issues, you must make sure that qualified and experienced validator validates the Assessments and Learner resources. You can ask external validators to validate your resources prior to purchase.
Note: You need to make sure that person who validates the sample resources understand how to validate the unit and has good experience and skills on how to meet training package requirements.
Tip 4 – Select and compare more than two third-parties resources
Make sure you have collected more than two third party sample resources to check the quality. This will provide you with different options to check who is providing better quality.
Tip 5 – Make sure resources meet AQF volume of learning requirements
Your training resources must meet the training package requirements and volume of learning requirements according to your cohort. You need to make sure that your Learner resources have detailed step by step information including activities, additional links, and references.
Need Help To Find quality Assessment and Learner resources? Click Here to find quality assessment and learning resources
Our learner learning and assessment kits include:
- Student/Learner Assessment Pack – This Document includes the instructions for each Assessment task for the student. It also includes unit assessment cover and result sheets.
- Trainer Assessment Pack/ Marking Guide – This document includes benchmarking answers and evidence criteria to judge the student’s submitted documents.
- Mapping document – Maps the assessment resources to the training package requirements.
- Supporting documents – Additional templates will be provided. These may include templates, policies, and procedures.
- Learner guide/book including self check questions – Learner guide is for the students to get the skills and knowledge for the units.
- PowerPoint Presentation – Interactive presentation slides linked with the learner guide so trainer and student can easily navigate the information.
- Session/lesson plan – Session plan is a detailed document for the trainer to conduct the session. Our session plan is linked with other learner resources so the trainer can effortlessly implement and meet the regulatory requirements.
- Class activities book – Our class activity books will support your students to acquire the underpinning knowledge of the unit. It includes questions and different activities that students will complete prior to summative assessments.
- Self-study guide – This document includes the weblinks for all the performance criteria for your students to get additional knowledge.
Many qualifications require the student to complete a work placement. The following documents will be provided with the assessment kits:
- Workplace task booklet including logbook hours – This document includes a list of tasks that student needs to complete for allocated units. It also includes the logbook hours to record the student’s work hours for placement.
- Workplace observation booklet – This document will be used by your trainer/assessor to observe student performance in the workplace.
All the documents will be provided in Microsoft Word format except PowerPoints so you can add your logo and contextualize the resources if required. You will get a one-off license for your RTO (Registered Training Organisation) for unlimited student numbers and no ongoing fees.
All the assessment and learner resources come with Audit Assistance. Click here for further information regarding Audit Assistance and Quality Assurance.